25 things i wish i realized while i was still in highschool
- That zit on your cheek literally does not matter
- Skipping class one time will not ruin your entire life
- The boy you’re trying so hard to impress will mean nothing to you in a year
- Bring coffee to school and ignore people who make fun of it
- Bring a snack, too. Don’t care if people hear you eating in class.
- Being popular isn’t and will never be something that seriously defines who you are
- Appreciate your teachers
- Doing/not doing drugs doesn’t make you cooler than anyone else.
- Neither does drinking
- Talk to the kid sitting alone; even though it may not change your life it could drastically change theirs
- Participate in school events
- Wear sweatpants everyday
- Or wear a dress everyday
- Wear whatever makes you comfortable
- Nobody will laugh at you if you sit alone at your lunch table for five minutes
- Utilize the library
- Don’t wait 20 minutes to text someone back just to seem cool
- Tell your friends how much you love them
- Cherish your free textbooks… seriously
- Help confused freshmen, be nice to them. Remember how much you would have appreciated it a couple years ago
- Compliment the other girls in the bathroom
- That fight you had with your mom really isn’t that big of a deal
- It’s okay to cry
- Don’t let your desire for a romantic relationship stop you from forming platonic relationships
- Remember that life does go on
Anonymous said: Sometimes you have to let go of someone cause it's better for them. And maybe eventually better for yourself as well.
fuck that noise, anon. Sure, life’s too short to hold onto people that may not be good for you and all that jazz and whatever else those quotes say that are always floating around this website, but that’s bullshit. Life’s not short, half of the kids on this website are only 20 and they have more emotions packed in them than most people twice their age. Everything is done through a fucking screen, because it can happen so quickly and conveniently, and sure, it’s rad a hell, I dig it on a daily basis, but look: life’s too long to respond to text messages immediately. Life’s too long to call someone right when you get their phone number. Life’s too long to skip a song on an album just because it’s not as catchy as the others, or to drive 15 over the speed limit not because your foot is heavy but because you really need to get where you’re going. And if there’s anything life’s taught me s that everyone else is a whole shit ton better than I am. Everybody has so many ideas to share, and music to tell me about, and cheesy movies to get me to watch, and life’s too long to let people go. Sure, maybe you won’t talk to the person for a year or so, but that’s different. That’s not letting go. Everybody needs everybody else, whether we all like it or not. Think what you want, anon, but I’ve never been a fan of letting go. Call it immature, call it whatever, but life’s too long to be lived like it’s too short, you know?
this is the most important response to anything i’ve ever read
Proof that my mind works best at 2 a.m.